Read details about projects and timelines.
Emergency Department expansion and upgrades
The Peace Arch Hospital Emergency Department expansion will more than double its treatment spaces for patients and will enable improved care and experience for patients in an updated facility.
The new Emergency Department will feature:
- 50 new single-patient treatment spaces, up from 24
- Child and family-friendly treatment area
- Dedicated mental health and substance use waiting and treatment area
- Re-designed registration area to help patients move through emergency in a more seamless way, allowing for faster care
New Operating Surgical Suites:
- New surgical suites will replace three existing operating rooms with five, boosting the number of surgeries performed at the hospital.
- Re-designed operating rooms will provide the necessary space for larger teams of health care professionals and the right technology and equipment to enable the delivery of quality care.
New Medical Device Reprocessing Department
- Medical Device Reprocessing Department will be expanded and relocated to be closer to the surgical suites providing better access and improved infection control and safety for physicians, staff and patients.
January 2022 - Peace Arch Hospital phase one work completed
Download and share our project overview for Peace Arch Hospital.
Construction on the Peace Arch Hospital Emergency Department expansion and upgrade project is currently underway and will be completed in two phases.
Phase one - Emergency Department and surgical suites expansion along with the renovation of the Medical Device Reprocessing Department, completed January 2022.
Phase two - Renovations to the former Emergency Department to accommodate a new dedicated mental health and substance use unit and 10 additional care spaces. This expansion work is projected to be completed fall 2022.
Interested in joining one of our hospital teams? Learn more about our exciting career opportunities.
Get to know the Peace Arch team: