The city of Surrey is one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Fraser Health, with a current population of over 500,000 residents.
Surrey is gaining a brand new hospital and cancer centre, centrally located in Cloverdale, to support the growing health care needs of the community.
The new Surrey hospital and BC Cancer Centre is part of Fraser Health's commitment across the region to modernize our health care network and enable patient-centred care through innovative design, integrated technology and increased access to care for patients and families, closer to home.
November 29 - February 2024
- Guide wall excavation and preparation.
- Fraser Health, along with our partners enter into an Early Works Agreement with preferred proponent, EllisDon Design Build Inc., pending finalization of a Design Build Agreement.
August 4 – 31
- EllisDon commences design work on the new Surrey hospital and BC Cancer Centre.
- EllisDon commences soil condition testing on the new hospital site at 18050 James Hill Drive.
September 1 – 8
- The Design Build Agreement with EllisDon is finalized; EllisDon officially becomes the successful proponent to design and construct the new hospital and cancer centre.
September 8 – 11
- A gravel platform (test pad) is constructed to support heavy machinery and equipment needed for geotechnical testing.
- Fencing is erected around the test pad.
- Site platform is cleared, making way for incoming geotechnical testing material and heavy equipment.
September 26 – October 17
- Geotechnical testing commences.
October 16 – October 31
- Site stripping commences. Work platforms and access roads are constructed.
- Portable buildings arrive on site.
October 24 - November 27
- Further site preparation occurs in anticipation of the start of construction.
November 1 - November 22
- Site-wide temporary fencing is erected.
October 23 - February 2024
- Guide wall installation begins.
Check back soon for the latest updates as they become available.
Contact us at email@example.com