Learn about why you may want to express your milk, how you can do this and how to store your expressed milk.
- Expressing breast/chest milk
How to express milk by hand or by a pump.
- Using a breast/chest pump
Information on how to use a breast/chest pump and store excess milk.
- Get started on expressing breast/chest milk - Healthy Families BC
Video and information on expressing breastmilk on Healthy Families BC
- Baby’s Best Chance - Expressing and storing your milk (Pages 96 and 97)
A resource to help you with expressing, storing and using your expressed milk.
- Video showing how to do hand expression prenatally to collect colostrum
Offered in English. This video is from the Carlton Health Region, Ottawa Champlain Public Health.
- Hand expression of breast/chest milk - UNICEF UK
This video guides how to hand express and talks about when hand expression might be useful.
- Breastfeeding/chestfeeding your early-preterm baby - Perinatal Services BC
This booklet provides information on breastfeeding/chestfeeding preterm infants.
- Hand expression of breast/chest milk - Stanford Medicine Newborn Nursery
Video by Dr. Jane Morton on hand expression of breast/chest milk