Working together to keep students, teachers and our communities safe.
Fraser Health supports public and independent schools in managing COVID-19 and other communicable diseases in their school communities.
COVID-19 in K-12 settings
COVID-19, like most communicable diseases experienced by students and staff within school settings, can be managed by the individual/family and through routine preventive measures.
Recommendations for individuals and for school settings are outlined in the provincial Public Health Communicable Disease Guidance for K-12 Schools:
- Get vaccinated.
- Do daily health checks for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- If symptomatic, check the B.C. Centre for Disease Control's (BCCDC) webpage and the B.C. COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool to determine whether or not to get tested.
Public Health will continue to work with schools to address COVID-19 related concerns. In the event of a declared outbreak, Public Health will issue a public notification.
All individuals ages six months and up are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. Please ensure your child is registered to be notified when they are eligible for their first and additional doses.
Clinic locations are available at fraserhealth.ca/vax.
- 7 tips for talking to kids about COVID-19
- Wash your hands like they're covered in cheesie dust
- Wash your hands like you've been handling habaneros