If you are unable to work due to an injury, illness or accident that happened outside of work, call the employee absence reporting line (EARL) at 1-877-342-3275.
Alert your manager/supervisor and timekeeper of your absence from work by contacting the EARL line.
To report an absence
Call EARL (Employee Absence Reporting Line). The EARL system will then notify:
- Your manager or department delegate
- Fraser Health's absence and disability management team (if you indicate that you will be off for more than five days)
What happens if I am off work for more than five days?
Depending on your situation, a member of the absence and disability management team will contact you. They will support you and help navigate your absence, recovery and return to work. They work closely with your union (if applicable), insurance providers, your health care professionals and your department to support you in your recovery.
You can email the absence and disability management team while you are waiting to be notified of your assigned absence and disability management contact.
Your connection with the absence and disability management team is important. Please respond to their phone calls and check your Fraser Health email and myFHinfo accounts while you are off work for important absence-related information.
- Review the instructions for accessing myFHinfo from home.
What is expected of me while I am off work?
How will I get paid?
Applying for long term disability
I am off work due to an ICBC-related motor vehicle accident. What do I need to know?
Contact ICBC to determine your eligibility for insurance coverage.
- If you are off work due to an ICBC-related motor vehicle accident that occurred on or after May 17, 2018, you are not required to repay long term disability if you end up receiving wage loss benefits from ICBC. However, you must still provide Canada Life with information on your ICBC claims.
- If you incur extended health care expenses on or after November 9, 2018 due to an ICBC-related motor vehicle accident, your claims should be submitted directly to ICBC for payment. Do not submit those claims to Pacific Blue Cross under your extended health care plan.
- If this situation applies to you and you have questions, contact your Canada Life case manager.
Call the employee absence reporting line (EARL)
604-605-EARL (3275) OR toll-free at 1-877-FHA-EARL (342-3275)