We provide Fraser Health staff, physicians and volunteers training in diversity competency, and provides tools and resources that will help them in providing diversity competent care.
What we provide:
- In-person workshops for all staff, physicians and volunteers on diversity-related topics
- Providing Diversity Competent Care to the LGBTQ Clients
- Providing Diversity Competent Care to People of the Sikh Faith
- Social Determinants of Immigrant Health
- Providing Diversity Competent Care to Muslim Patients
- Online educational modules on topics of diversity competency
- Educational materials and tools that staff can use to provide diversity competent care to the various populations within Fraser Health
- Diversity competency standards, which describe the knowledge, skills and character traits a health care provider must meet to be diversity competent, developed by Fraser Health Diversity Services
- Diversity competency curriculum, which outlines the instructional content, materials, resources and processes for meeting the diversity competency standards
- Helping you integrate diversity competency into your on-going educational endeavours (e.g. integrating diversity competency training into your orientations or professional development pathways)
- Diversity policy - The policy outlines Fraser Health’s overall response to diversity and to the expectations of the respective roles of individuals, teams and the organization as a whole.
If you would like more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.