An expanded and updated Emergency Department at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre gives people in the eastern Fraser Valley better access to emergency services.
The updated Emergency Department, which opened in June 2021, features:
- A dedicated treatment area for mental health and substance use patients
- Renovations to the existing triage system to improve registration and flow of patients
- Dedicated stretcher bays and a new nurse substation to enhance the coordination and care of patients arriving by ambulance
- Relocated ambulance bays to improve access for patients and staff; and
- Improved space for trauma, cardiac and acute care
The Emergency Department now provides patients, staff and medical staff with a more modern space designed to better support their needs.