Dr. Akbarally V. Lalani is an interventional cardiologist at Royal Columbian Hospital. He currently practices clinical cardiology and works the chest pain and pacemaker clinics at Royal Columbian Hospital.
Dr. Lalani trained in London, England and McGill University. He was the principal founder of the New West Cardiac Research Society which was involved in numerous international studies. He is a member of several cardiac societies, including Canadian Cardiovascular Society, American College of Cardiology. He has held numerous positions as Board Member and Trustee including the Peter Wall Institute of Advanced Studies at the University of British Columbia, Lester B Pearson College of the Pacific.
He is also a clinical associate professor in cardiology at UBC.
Areas of expertise
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
- MBBS – 1971 – Guy’s Hospital, University of London
- MSc Experimental Medicine – U of Alberta
- FRCP(C) Internal Medicine – McGill University
- FRCP(C) Cardiology - McGill University
Numerous international multicentre trials over 15 years.
Awards, honours, recognition and certification
- Gold Medal Physiology – Guy's Hospital
- Junior Proficiency Prize – Guy's Hospital