Provide emotional and spiritual support to our patients and families.
We offer spiritual and religious support to patients and families as part of our mission to provide the highest quality of health care, which includes holistic support. We provide a multi-faith/cultural care environment, where patients can explore the meaning of their illness and have people from both their faith and culture to journey with them. Our spiritual care volunteers assist with the emotional and spiritual support that our patients and families require.
There may not be vacancies in some areas.
- Spiritual care volunteer - long term care
- Spiritual care volunteer - acute care
- Spiritual care volunteer - worship services, memorials and special events
- Spiritual care volunteer - sacred space support
- Spiritual care volunteer - education support
- On-call faith leaders
- Urgent or emergent on-call faith leaders
- Spiritual care companions - End of Life program
- Hospice society volunteer (contact your local hospice society)
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum age: 19 years
- Must be connected with a Fraser Health community faith group (church, mosque, synagogue, parish, stake)
- Must be willing to participate in spiritual care training