Become a volunteer at Czorny Alzheimer Centre.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our residents while enhancing the overall experience at Czorny Alzheimer Centre.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Minimum commitment: 60 hours – once a week (two hours) every week
- Valid BC Services Card is needed to obtain a Criminal Record Check
- Proficient in English
- Immunizations required: COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines
We are looking for volunteers that are outgoing and have a high level of self-confidence, self-awareness and adaptability. Some previous volunteer or work experience is preferred. Good communication and customer service skills are essential. You must feel confident in volunteering with seniors with Alzheimer's and/or Dementia. Must show the initiative and ability to work independently.
Please note some areas may not have vacancies in the program.
- Recreation therapy program support volunteer: Daytime shifts only 10-12 p.m. and 2-4 p.m., limited shifts on weekends.
- Music, sing-a-long, arts and crafts, coffee shop, men’s club, bingo, active games, seasonal parties, entertainment and much more.
- Special events: Supports residents in getting to and from special events, and assists with all aspects of events, decorating, setting up to tidying up. Most importantly, volunteers engage with residents to provide a fun, socially positive environment.
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and two references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation