Exercise can help improve your mental health by reducing symptoms and improving focus and energy.
Exercise therapy is important for everyone’s mental and physical well-being. We can help you develop an exercise program that is safe and geared to your current level of fitness in a small and supportive environment. Our goal is to help you maintain your physical activity, increase your own awareness of healthy living and support you to exercise independently.
We have a three-month introductory program that includes:
- Cardiovascular training
- Resistance training (machine weights)
- Core strengthening
- Weekly education sessions
- Intake assessment
- Program completion assessment
- Tools you need to manage your own physical and mental health
- Classes two times per week
If you are a client of a community mental health and substance use centre, talk to your case manager or therapist for a referral.