Provides counselling support to individuals who are experiencing substance use issues.
Hours of operation
- A resident of Surrey (our boundaries are Fraser River to 40th Avenue and 120th Street to 196th Street). South Surrey residents are served by Sources Community Resources Society.
- An individuals concerned about their substance use (client can also be pre-contemplative, but they are willing to come to the site to explore their use)
- An individuals affected by a significant other’s use (partner, parent, sibling, child)
Surrey Substance Use Services is a voluntary service and clients self-refer to our program. A client can come to a walk-in intake session Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. A client will meet with a Substance Use counsellor to help determine what services are needed.
We provide intake, information, assessment, referral and counselling services in various formats: individual, couple, family and group sessions. The referral service includes linking clients with other aspects of our system of care: Sobering and Assessment Centre, withdrawal management services, day programs, Support and Transitional Living Residences and Intensive Residential Treatment Centres.
There is no cost for the services at our site. There is a cost associated with residential treatment if the client is not on income assistance.
- Here to Help: You and substance use
Helpful information to think about and ways to make changes.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: Health information
CAMH's website provides straightforward information about the most-searched topics from A-Z, from Addictions to Zoloft. It also provides links to other helpful resources.
- Here to Help: Understanding substance use: a health promotion perspective
How health promotion applies to substance use.